The 2022-23 school year begins on Saturday, September 10, 2022. (in-person classes)
- Beginning level: Incoming Kindergartners & 1st graders (at regular weekday school)
(Transitional Kindergartners and 2nd-8th graders will be considered if space is available)
- Other levels (placement test required; must be able to read and write all hiragana):
Incoming Kindergartners through 11th graders (at regular weekday school)
Class observations: Due to COVID Protocols, we are suspending all class observations this year.
- Here is an introduction video if you would like to see what we do.
If you would like to view a video of our beginning level class (kinder-1st graders), please indicate your request in the Comments section of the “Student’s Background” form, and we will send you a private link.
Placement Test Dates (not applicable for beginning level students):
- May 14 (Saturday AM)
- June 11 (Saturday AM)
- July 9 (Saturday AM)
New Student Application Period: through June 11, 2022, or until classes reach capacity (we recommend applying early)
New Student Application fee: $60 (non-refundable)
New Student Application Instructions:
STEP 1 for Current SMNG Families:
- Log in to your family account
- Select the "Family Information" form
- On the "Student Information" page, click "I have another student" and enter student's information.
STEP 1 for Families new to SMNG:
- Click here to provide us with your contact and student information
- Select "Create Account" (New User) and fill in Parent's name, email address, and select your password.
- Click "Verify my email" and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have verified your email address, log back in.
- Complete the "Family Information" form
STEP 4: Schedule your Meeting with the Principal
- This is a 15-minute session for the Principal to meet with both the New Student and Parent(s).
- Principal Norio Miyago will contact you to schedule a Zoom meeting.
LAST STEP to Enroll: Register and pay tuition (online) between 5/1 and 6/11/22
- Check our homepage on 5/1/22 for registration instructions.
- From 6/12/22, registration will be accepted if space is available. $50 Late Registration Fee will apply.
2022-23 Tuition: $875 (total for the year) for full payment (or $310 x 3 installment payments)
$50 Late Registration Fee will apply from June 12, 2022
Class Session: 9/10/22 - 6/3/23
Class Placements will be announced in late August.
Please keep your Saturday mornings open as your child could be placed in either A-class (8:20-10:10am) or B-class (10:25am-12:15pm).
If you have a schedule conflict that cannot be changed, we will make every effort to accommodate your child, but please understand that this may result in a class placement that is not optimal for your child's level.
(Note: The Stage Presentation and Completion/Graduation Ceremony are all-morning events; the Picnic is an all-day Sunday event.)
Please see our FAQ page and explore our website for more details.